Lightning loves to light up our lives. But 70 percent of lightning occurs over tropical areas–leaving those in other areas with less opportunity to see these stunning natural light shows. Enjoy these bright moments in time captured by some brave souls who had the patience to take many photos in order to catch these great shots.
1. Lightning Over Arlington, Virginia
Photograph by Postdif
2. Lightning Over Madeira, Portugal
Photograph by Don Amaro
3. Lightning Over Sofia, Bulgaria
This photo is a composite made from three photos capturing the 2 to 5 lightning strikes that were occurring every 10 seconds that night.
Photograph by Boby Dimitrov
4. Lightning Over Philadelphia, PA., USA
Yep, that’s the moon peaking out from behind the storm clouds.
Photograph by Kevin Burkett
5. Lightning Over Geneva, Switzerland
Photograph by the-stirkk
6. Lightning Storm Near Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Photograph by Kasi Metcalfe
7. Lightning Over Unna, Germany
Photograph by smial
8. Lightning On The Columbia River – Astoria, Oregon
Photograph by Ian Boggs
9. Lightning Over Brisbane, Australia
Photograph by Richard Fisher
10. Lightning Over Geneva, Switzerland
Photograph by the-storkk
Go ahead…share these enlightening photos with your friends!
[template id=2162 expires=60]